Fun, social, safe dog daycare near Hobart
Social, fun Doggy Daycare in Margate, Tasmania 20-25 minutes out of Hobart. For dogs who love the company of other dogs, exercise and fresh air! Our dog daycare is for dogs that love other dogs and playtime. Our regular dogs get excited on the way down the driveway to greet us and are worn out from so much fun play at the end of each day.
If you’re looking for daytime care for your dog near Hobart, Tasmania you’re in the right place. We are in Margate, 20-25 minutes from Hobart and we have green, wide open spaces for your dogs to socialise and have fun. Our doggy daycare gives your beloved dog some extra attention and exercise and allows them to socialise with other dogs, enriching their lives and making them more content and calm at home.
Why use dog daycare?
- Beautiful natural outdoor play area
- A mentally enriching experience
- Increased calmness at home
- Socialisation with dogs of all sizes and temperaments
- Great energy release for high energy dogs
- THE DOGS LOVE IT!
Dog Daycare Pricing
We are currently in the process of reviewing our pricing, and will have an updated pricelist published by 1st September 2021.
Albi’s Dog Daycare Diary 🐾
I’m Albi and I’m here to tell you how pawsum it is to be apart of the day care club! Because my mum works here I get to come every single day, I have been coming from 10 weeks old! and it’s amazing some of you may have even been lucky enough to have met me!
When I get to the resort in the morning with my mum, I get to play immediately! Me and all the other dogs go outside and do our zoomies, play dodgem cars and do our business.
After we are all zoomed out we get to come inside to our nice cool rooms, to recharge our batteries ready to head back out for the next play!
In the play area I horse around with my best friends and try to make them chase me, we rough and tumble and roll around in the sand! When it’s nice and warm, that’s when I’m happiest. One word: POOLS! Fresh water is constantly being used to fill the pools here! Oh did I mention ZOOMIES and BALLS!
The afternoon flows pretty much the same as the morning, but that doesn’t make it boring. By the end of the day I am super tired and I need to have a nap because being a dog is really hard work.
Around dinner time dogs start to go home, don’t tell their humans but some of them don’t even want to leave because day care club is obviously the best place in the world!
When all of the dogs have gone home, I get to go home to recharge for the next day and my next lot of day care pals!
Can’t wait to get back there!
oImportant dog daycare information
- We accept Direct Debit and Cash payments.
- Public and School Holidays are $5 extra per day, per dog. 7 day minimum stay Christmas and New Year. 6 day minimum stay at Easter.
- C5 vaccinations are mandatory for all our dog guests, preferably 7 days prior to their stay.
- Your dog’s vaccination certificate must be sighted on arrival, or confirmed over the phone with your vet without exception.
- We appreciate up to date worming.
- Unfortunately entire males over the age of 6 months won’t be accepted due to our social environment.
- We can only perform oral administrations of your dog’s medication.
Margate Country Dog Resort
170 Van Morey Road
Margate TAS 7054
Tel: 0437 355 856 - email: [email protected] (text and email preferred)
* Due to our on-site commitments with the dogs, answering phone enquiries can be problematic. If you wish to speak directly to us, please get in touch to arrange a time that is suitable.
DROP OFF & PICK UP
9.30–11am; 2-3:30pm; 5-5:30pm (Pick up only) Mon-Fri
9:30-10:30am; 2–3pm Sat-Sun
Daycare hours please enquire
Call to discuss any drop off and pick up times outside of these hours.
* PUBLIC HOLIDAY OPENING HOURS
Please note we are closed all day for drop off and pickup on the following public holidays:
- Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Day, Good Friday, Easter Saturday
We are open in the morning only on the following public holidays:
- New Year's Eve, Hobart Show Day
We are open from 2-3pm on Anzac Day.